Multiple Award Gratitude
Righto so I am gonna combined a few awards into a post. I ain’t gonna apologize for the double posting today because I didn’t think it would be fair to take upon these awards and not post something new…. (Coming up next, all about ‘White Blow’)
So let’s get this over with, ’cause I got a 20 minute gap as the kidlets feed their faces and the youngest just dozed off in her crib. So I am just accepting the awards and giving thanks (I’m gonna try and not mention a blogger twice.)
So I got tagged. Not sure why, I just did. Universal Shift tagged me actually. Thanks Jason! So go and check out the post where I got tagged. Learn the rules and throw it randomly at someone.
~You must post the rules
~Post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post
~Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
~Tag eleven bloggers, however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want. Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs.
~Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Part 2~Eleven Facts About Yourself
1. I’m never buying a ‘fixer upperer’ house ever again
2. I’ve got a real bad habit of swearing but it’s slowly becoming less of a part of my vocabulary
3. I fucking love coffee!
4. I also fucking love various cheese and crackers.
5. My definition of slowly is accurate, if not a little under exagerated.
6. I hate the tast of any Cola unless tainted with spirits
7. I like movie marathons
8. I hate the god damned postal system and customs system of Australia… You pay for express delivery and wait 6 weeks of a book in quarantine. YAY for landing in Australia in two days, boo for Australia for holding until until they have read it the book, and everyone in the office has. (I lie Australia has a great quarantine, one of the best in the world. Besides the stories of $20,000 sound systems going missing often)
9. I always wondered why Tigger or Pooh never went beserk and killed the others.
10. I hate squeals, screams I can put up with, but squeals fucking etch themselves deep into my brain and spears it deep. Instant headaches.
11. I love paintball, sure I get welts and bruises, but when I spend twice as much as the others on ammunition and unleash hell, I know they end up worse.
Part 3~ Questions Answered
1. Favorite cheese? Can’t pick, I mean it depends on the cracker, the weather, the company.
2. If you could vacation in any fictional world, where would you go? Euphoria
3. What movie scared you the most as a kid? Freddy Kruger(s)
4. Black hat or white hat? Black
5. Favorite infamous historical figure? Ned Kelly
6. Which famous person is most likely a robot? George Clooney
7. Which way is up? not down under
8. What’s your favorite thing to do when you don’t have anything else to do? Type up these stupid things
9. Ever have a case of the Mondays? Mondayitis you mean? Sure, and it’s proven to be as real as 3:30itis.
10. Starbucks: Yes or no? COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11. Can I borrow $100? Sure, I’ll keep it in my wallet for when ya come and get it.
Part 4~ Questions From Me
(Don’t wanna dirty your blog with awards? Post your answers here instead)
1. Where did/do you get your inspiration to write and blog?
2. What do you wish to change just a little in your writing?
3. Which famous author do you like to compare yourself with and do you see them as a mentor?
4. Which writer/blogger do you believe is your best competition? (Friendly Arch-enemy)
5. When you are writing and stumble across those infamous blocks, how do you get over your writers block?
6. Did the character of the story grow first or the storyline grow first?
7. What do you do when your in the middle of something and you come up with an idea for your story? More specifically:
a) In the middle of a converstation
b) On the porcelin throne
c) While in a meeting/conference/etc
d) During intimate time
e) While Driving
8. Have you ever written naked? (or just in underwear?)
9. How much research goes into your writing and which parts recieve the most research?
10. I once interviewed a famous author and confronted her with “Which deserves more credit, a novel sized comic book (ie Phantom), a graphic novel, or a short story.” She answered along the lines of that a graphic novel deserves the most credit due to the story line embedded with pictures with more emotion that could be expressed in both comic or just words. What is your opinion?
11. What have chapter or writing have you written that you are most ashamed of?
Part 5~ The Tagged Bloggers
(The following are some of my favourite online authors)
Today in Heritage History gave me the great oppurtinity to enter a caption contest and I won the rights to brag about it and steal the picture for the post I brag about it. Check out my winning caption under the picture in question below! (I won it with 3 other contenders with even votes). Now renamed “Cavalier Captioner Award”. Go check out Today in Heritage History for a good knee slapping.
Next was the Very Inspiring Award which I recieved from the ever so lovely Curvy Elvie over at the nomination post right HERE (Thanks Curvy!). If your too lazy to click Curvy’s kind words were “3. John the Aussie love this guy because he inspires me to write. He comments on almost everything I blog about. One of my most loyal fans. Thank you John! And his blog is hilarious gotta love him…I always hear his accent in his writing. The Australian accent is as good as the British one in my book. Just saying.”
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award to 7 nominees.
1. I’m hungry and have a craving for nacho flavoured corn chips, avacado and sour cream.
2. I own approximately 22 battery operated/crank sources of light.
3. Since the last pair of bought sunglasses 5 years ago, I have never bought another pair of sunglasses ever again.
4. I carry 3 safety sunglasses at all times in case of an event of losing a set or someone else needing a pair.
5. I don’t know why but every manual handling task I have a habit of wearing gloves even when the gloves are more impeding than protective.
6. I prefer steel-capped footwear when I am not wearing ‘flip-flops’, this includes boots and sneakers
(The following are those that tweak my memory or are in the same boat as me or are what society would deem as crazier than me)
Bird hiding over at Everyone Has A Story (with 4 other bloggers) nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. So with great thanks I shall link you to the a great article on the origins of the post over at Simon Food Favourites.
I’m sick of talking about myself so for those that I think deserve the Kreativ Blogger Award…
Now I’m pretty sure the Tookes created The Golden Shatner Award after a google search and his being the one who (within dates) was the first to post it up. So I’m just going to assume so. How do I pick the awesome people? I don’t ’cause in each little way we are all awesome, so (stealing Dotty’s Idea)…. So after listing a crap load I am running out of time to go through and pick out the awesome ones from the simply great ones. YOU ALL GET A NOMINATION! Don’t forget to tag the creator and the nominator (ME!)
This is the post and the winning picture was (with caption):
Check out todays competition right here at Sunday Caption Contest for April 22, 2012.